- Enrollment is based on available space. The parent is to complete an enrollment form. It is important for the parent to indicate what days during the week the child will attend. A copy of the enrollment list for the upcoming week will be shared with the building principals and the transportation office.
- For the 2008/2009 school year anyone wishing to have their child enrolled in the Latchkey program the first week of school must submit an enrollment form by August 25,2008.
- There will be a person assigned to sit at the signin/signout desk and answer the telephone. They are also responsible to have the parent sign their child in and out of the building. If a parent is not able to pick up their child the Program Director is to be provided with the name of the person acceptable to the parent.
- To pick up a child the parent or their approved representative must show identification unless you know them. No exceptions!
- Walkie/talkies will be used at the signin/signout desk to communicate with staff outside or in another part of the building.
- A daily attendance list for morning and afternoon sessions will be prepared.
- Parent permission slips and chaperones are necessary for field trips.
- Parents must provide a note to the child’s teacher if the student will not attend Latchkey on any particular day. If the teacher is not provided with a note than the child will be sent to Latchkey and the parent notified.
- Each participating school will fax a list of students not attending each day to Latchey and the Transportation office.
- If a student is on the Latchkey bus parents are not permitted to remove the child from the bus. If the parent has not provided notice to the school the parent must go to Milanesi to pick up their child.
End of Day
· If at the end of the day and after all attempts are made by the Program Director to contact a parent or emergency contact person to pick up the child the State Police will be called to take custody of the child for their safety.